Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Crestwood Chorus Auditions

I am pleased to announce that Crestwood will be starting the "Crestwood Chorus" starting second quarter! I am very excited to be establishing this new tradition at Crestwood.

The Choir is open to students 3-5. Chorus auditions will be held Thursday, October 8 at 8:00 AM in the music room. Students will be singing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" along with other, short exercises given by the teacher.

Here are the lyrics:

My country 'tis of thee,
sweet land of liberty,
of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died,
land of the pilgrims' pride.
From every mountainside
let freedom ring.

Here is a video for practice at home. Students are strongly encouraged to have this song prepared for the audition. Remember, they only have to sing the first verse.


Students planning to audition should also turn in the form below for auditions. This is so I know which students have permission to audition for Crestwood Chorus. This form will be used during the audition process by Mrs. Caughlan.


 Audition and Information Form


Thank you! I can't wait to hear everyone on October 8!

-Mrs. C



No comments:

Post a Comment