Friday, August 17, 2018

Choir Auditions 18-19

I am pleased to announce that Crestwood will be starting the "Crestwood Chorus"!

The Choir is open to students grades 3-5. Chorus auditions will be held Thursday, August 23 at 7:45 AM in the music room. Students will be singing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" along with other, short exercises given by the teacher.

 Here are the lyrics:

 My country 'tis of thee, 
sweet land of liberty, 
of thee I sing. 

 Land where my fathers died, 
land of the pilgrims' pride. 
From every mountainside 
let freedom ring. 

 Here is a video for practice at home. Students are encouraged to have this song prepared for the audition but it is not required. Remember, they only have to sing the first verse.



Students planning to audition should also turn in the form below for auditions. This is so I know which students have permission to audition for Crestwood Chorus. This form will be used during the audition process by Mrs. Caughlan.

 Audition and Information Form




 Thank you! I can't wait to hear everyone on August 23rd!

 -Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment