Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Because We're Mapping!

Two weeks ago, Mrs. Feeney and I had the idea to make a school video to get GSA pumped for the MAP test. If you haven't already seen it, check it out here!

I must say that I am very proud of this project. It was truly a team effort. Mrs. Bryant wrote parody lyrics for Pharrell Williams' hit "Happy", and taught her version to her students. Mrs. Bryant kindly gave Mrs. Feeney the lyrics and the idea to use this song for our MAP video! Thank you Mrs. Bryant!  Mrs. Feeney and I then recorded teachers and staff members dancing, lip syncing, and showing off the week of the MAP test. Mrs. Feeney edited the video while I recorded my voice for the video's audio. Feeney did a great job!  She is very talented and was able to do her voice audio recording in only one take! (I might have needed about 12 for my vocal part...)

I feel very lucky here at GSA in having two music teachers and in having a fun and crazy staff! This was truly a collaborative effort. I feel very fortunate to have such a talented and awesome team here at GSA! Thank you to everyone who participated in our video, enjoy, and ROCK THE MAP!!!




1 comment: